Friday, July 22, 2022

Birds of NCNC

I went to the New Canaan Nature Center twice this week; they are down a volunteer or two. On Wednesday, I decided to take a few photos.

This is Ralph, a turkey vulture who has been at NCC for about 18 years. She has a partial left wing amputation.



Next up is Glory, an American Bald Eagle. Glory has also been at NCNC for 18 years. She cannot fly  because she was born with fused joints in each of her wings. Glory looks like she didn't want her picture taken.



This is Tupelo, a red-shouldered hawk. He's been at NCNC for 12 years. His right wing is partially amputated, so he's incapable of full flight. Tupelo seems annoyed that I disturbed his meal. 


There are also three owls at NCNC. On Wednesday, one was at some kind of educational event, another hid in his house, and the third was in shadows, so I didn't get a good shot. 

In other news, I need to write a story from an animal's point of view, observing humans. The homework was assigned on Monday, and I wrote most of the story that afternoon. That hasn't happened in quite a while, and I was happy to feel inspired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment