Thursday, July 14, 2022

Thoughts for a Thursday

I was ready for a new start on Monday morning. I was going to get up early and hit the gym and be ready for my summer writing class at 10. I turned off the alarm a few weeks ago, I was waking up on my own anyway. Of course, this time I overslept. Then the coffeemaker wouldn't work. I could have gone to the gym even with sleeping late, but I didn't want to go without coffee. I spent an hour working on the coffeemaker. I had to go out to Dunkin' to get coffee. Luckily the coffeemaker was reincarnated when I checked it again Monday afternoon.

In our first class, we wrote about favorite summer foods. For homework, we're going to write a story  based on a photograph of four seniors sitting on a bench at Coney Island looking out at the beach. It's a cool picture. I have an idea, but have no idea where to take it.

I've made it to the gym twice this week. I'd prefer to have three visits by a Thursday. I didn't exercise at all yesterday, except to walk around Calf Pasture and Shady Beaches. Jeff and I sat at Ripka's--there was a private function in the tent next to the restaurant--and listened to the band. It was a 90 degree day, but there was a nice shore breeze.

I need to clean, but procrastinate. I did finally get my car washed; I also got my emissions test. It's something, right?

I made plans to go to an art festival Sunday--an item on my summer fun list.  Speaking about my list, I can also get my lobster roll on the water at Ripka's some time. 

I need to work on my story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment