Saturday, July 2, 2022

Mid-Year Check In

I figured it would be a good time to take a look at my goals for 2022. I was disappointed in the minimal goals I had set. 

Stop drinking for six weeks: done.

Go to the gym 150 times (roughly three times a week): 63 visits through June 30.  That number would be 75 if I were on track. Despite that, I'm happy with my status. There were a few weeks earlier in the year when my neck and back were too sore for me to go to the gym. One week I was sick. Another week I was too upset about Lola to bother to go. I've been good about doing some exercise at home on days I don't make it to the gym. I've also taken several walks. 

Read 35 books: I've read 18 books through the end of June, so I'm good here.

Write 200 blog posts: I published 98 posts through June. So I'm in pretty good shape here. 

Now onto lack of goals. I mentioned The New York Times' Eat Well Challenge. I didn't really get into it and never made any specific goals. That never works.

Even worse, I never made any writing goals, and I'm struggling. I've barely written. I wrote 12 blog posts but does that even count?

I need to find some answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment