Tuesday, May 3, 2022

A Two Booksale Weekend

A plethora of riches. Here's what I bought (in no particular order):

1. All This and Heaven Too by Rachel Field: Bette Davis starred in the film version. Enough said. 

2. Julie & Julia my year of cooking Dangerously by Julie Powell: this is another purchase inspired by a film.

3. American Heiress The Wild Saga of the Kidnapping, Crimes and Trial of Patty Hearst  by Jeffrey Toobin: I've been fascinated by Patricia Hearst's story and have already read three books about her including her Every Secret Thing.

4. Manhunt The 12-Day Chase for Lincoln's Killer by James L. Swanson: This is the adult version of  the book I read last November. I figured it could only help to have more details.

5. A Treasury of Railroad Folklore The Stories, Tall Tales, Traditions, Ballads and Songs of the American Railroad Man Edited by B.A. Botkin and Alvin F. Harlow: I couldn't resist this, just in case. Didn't I just say I want to immerse myself in railroad lore?

6. The Last Czar The Life and Death of Nicolas II by Edvard Radzinsky: Yet another book about Nicholas. I picked up this book, but bypassed two others about the Romanovs. 

7. South The Story of Shackleton's Last Expedition 1914-1917 Sir Ernest Shackleton, Edited by Peter King: I'm intrigued by Antarctica and couldn't resist this.

I also picked up two black-and-white post cards of the Alhambra.

No comments:

Post a Comment