Sunday, May 22, 2022

It's Sherlock Holmes Day

I'm surprised to learn about this holiday. I knew it's Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's birthday, and I'm proud to share the day with him. 

I read through a list of people born today. I've got Conan Doyle and Lawrence Olivier but also Ted Kaczynski. Take the bad with the good.

It wasn't a big birthday so we didn't do anything big. I went for a walk around Oyster Shell Park this morning--I had hoped to see egrets--but did see two groundhogs. I picked up bagels and veggie cream cheese, cut up some fruit, and opened a bottle of champagne for brunch.

Jeff and I watched the Mets win, invited a friend over for a drink, and went out for a birthday dinner. I decided on the restaurant based on an online menu. Unfortunately the menu was from another branch. The Norwalk location didn't include all of the appetizers that appealed to me. The food was still good. The service was off--too intense at the beginning--and then almost non-existent. The dining room was a bit warm, but a fan set up next to us kept it comfortable. 

I probably won't return to that restaurant in the near future. We have our favorite places, and there are always new restaurants to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment