Saturday, May 28, 2022

A Walk at Calf Pasture Beach

I've rarely walked at Calf Pasture Beach when I had a dog (Spike or Lola.) I only remember going once to meet my friend Melissa. Jeff and I have visited a few times in the last few weeks. Sometimes we have a drink or snack at Ripka's Cafe. 

Today I went on a solo walk. It was nice to walk outside--after barely leaving the building yesterday. The air smelled fresh.  

I'll always miss the waves of the New Jersey shore, but I never lived as close to the water before. I also miss the white sands of New Jersey. It's taken me years to get used to trees along the beach. 

When I walked to the end of Shady Beach, I saw Adirondack chairs at the apex of the property on the sound. I felt a pang of envy. Okay, it was more than a pang, but how much is a pang anyway? I imagined myself sitting in one of those chairs with coffee, tea, wine, gin and tonic, whatever. I guess that's not in the cards for me. 

I was also envious when I saw people walking their dogs--the dogs all seemed so happy. Getting another dog will be easier than getting a house on the water, but we're just not ready. I need to enjoy what I have now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment