Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day of Frustration and Comeback

You know you're off to a bad start when you decide to title your post, Day of Frustration, before 10 am.

So what happened before 10 am?

I overslept.

I realize it's not that big a deal. But this is the third time in a week when I turned off the radio instead of hitting the snooze alarm.The hour was enough to set me back. I didn't make it to the gym this morning as planned.

Anyway as I was walking Spike this morning, I was thinking about oversleeping, missed goals, unarticulated goals, things I need to do, things I should do, etc. One of my few SMART goals was to go to the gym three times a week. I only made it two times last week and I didn't want to wait another day for my first gym visit this week. Then I remembered advice from the article I linked to last week.

So I re-planned my day. I ended up going to the gym late afternoon instead (after a tutoring session, food shopping trip and and late lunch.) Yes, I lost an hour that I can't regain but I'll just have to work harder and smarter tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment