Tuesday, January 31, 2012

As the morning goes...

so goes the rest of my day.

That's not the most brilliant thought or profound insight. But I need to address some problems that I've been having.

I've been setting my alarm for 7 each morning. Years ago, I figured out that 7 was my natural waking time. And 7 should be easy for me; I was getting up between 5:30 and 6 for several months last year when I was driving Jeff to the train station.

Of course, I can get up when I have to. But it's been too easy to hit the snooze alarm or turn off the alarm completely when I know I really don't have to get up.

In addition to getting off to a late start, I have also been guilty of getting off to a slow start. That's been an even bigger problem for me. I love to linger over my coffee as I write in my journal. Some mornings I'll stop and check email or check out the news or weather. It's easy to let the whole morning slip away before I realize what's happened.

I hope that by writing about my morning problems here, I can turn them around. Let's start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment