Thursday, January 26, 2012

What I'm Reading: Book Edition

Monday night I finished A Clash of Kings, the second volume in A Song of Ice and Fire. Even though I had mixed feelings, I immediately started reading the third volume, A Storm of Swords.

A Clash of Kings is dark. Now, A Game of Thrones is not exactly a feel-good novel, but I guess I knew what to expect from the HBO series. My favorite characters are in danger and there is no end in sight. I'm sick of reading about Tyrion's waddle. There are so many factions and so many characters that I find it difficult to keep everyone straight.

The worst thing is the prevalence of rape. Thankfully, the rapes are not graphic; they are basically mentioned in passing. But that may be what bothers me most. No one even seems bothered by them.

Despite my misgivings, I'm going to keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment