Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snow Day

We got about five inches of snow today--the first measurable snow of the year and the season (other than the freak October storm.) It's a welcome change from last year when we had over two feet of snow by this time.

Today's the type of day when I love to cook. But in the past week, I've already made spaghetti sauce, chili, butternut squash-pumpkin-carrot soup and mango-banana bread. I'm running out of room in the refrigerator. I satisfied my cooking urge by making dinner of duck breast with a apricot, cherry and orange sauce, baked sweet potato, and broccoli and carrots.

The highlight of the day was taking Spike out to play. He ran across the field, buried his nose in the snow, snorted and ran back again. Puppy energy is awe-inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment