Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Journaling

I write in my journal every morning. Julia Cameron's morning pages are my guide http://juliacameronlive.com/basic-tools/morning-pages/ though I "cheat" a bit on them. If I don't have a morning appointment, I tend to linger over my journal entry, I may put on the TV, check email, make more coffee.

Today I tried to be more disciplined. I made a cup of coffee, sat down and wrote. My entry today was more serious than most. Instead of listing things I needed to do or things I did yesterday, I wrote about some anger I am feeling.

Writing about my anger did not exorcise the anger, but it was somewhat cathartic. When I walked Spike, I felt lighter. Admittedly, the sun and warmer temperatures helped, but I think my writing this morning was a factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment