Sunday, December 2, 2012

Another YouTube Evening

After watching True Grit last night, I went on YouTube to listen to Glen Campbell's recording of the theme. This led to a few more Campbell recordings: Wichita Lineman, By the Time I Get to Phoenix (which I decided would be a great cover for a woman to sing as a narrator dealing with domestic violence) and Gentle on my Mind. I followed with other songs by the Beatles, TLC, the Grateful Dead, The B-52's and even James Darren and Avery Brooks from Deep Space Nine.

 I love YouTube. It's great to find old songs. One night I found Midnight Mary. I didn't even know the singer's name, but remembered the chorus. The song was a top ten hit from 1964 by Joey Powers. It wouldn't have been a great loss if I had never heard the song again, but it's fun to rediscover songs and see how many of the lyrics I remember.
(The answer is usually a lot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment