Wednesday, December 5, 2012

On Discipline, Chores, Errands and Time

Terrible topic for a blogpost; I'm even scaring myself.

But it's my focus now. It's December 4th, 21 days before Christmas as a Santa chalkboard at the gym reminded me. I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping. I've deferred some decisions to Jeff because he can't make up his mind about some of my suggestions for his sister and brother-in-law. But I still have to make some decisions about my gifts for Jeff.

I want to decorate for the holidays but want to finish basic organizing, downsizing and other decorating first. We still have unhung pictures in the bedrooms--hey, it's only been a year since our renovations. We chose to switch things up--not hang every picture and bookshelf in its previous location. That means we chose to live with pictures, bookshelves, etc. lined up around the baseboards when we made up our minds. Frankly, I got used to all those things lined up around the baseboard and "forget" that I need to actually hang them.

Sometimes I got bogged down in the everyday chores and errands: cooking, washing dishes, food shopping, laundry, and got too tired to to work on the longer term projects.

As much as I desire inspiration to write, discipline is more important for me. I get many ideas but I need to select the best, sit down and write them.

It all comes down to time. Just last week, I pondered whether I had enough time to go to a time management seminar.

Sigh.

So far this week, I've done basic cleaning, ran some errands and prepped for tutoring. I  have a few more appointments this week (at least one is fun) and need to write a self-evaluation for my performance review.

Jeff's going away this weekend. I'll use some time then to work around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment