Saturday, December 1, 2012

What I'm Watching

There wasn't much of interest on TV tonight so Jeff and I looked through our instant queue on Netflix and decided on the remake of True Grit. For the record, I never saw the original. But when we've paused the film, I've been compelled to sing the parts that I remember from Glen Campbell's 1968 theme.

After only a minute or so, I said that I loved Mattie Ross, played by Hailee Steinfield. She's only a girl, but she may be the strongest woman I've seen in a western in ages. Mattie is brave, determined and focused; she has some great lines too.

I'm a big fan of Jeff Bridges. I haven't seen his Oscar winning performance in Crazy Heart yet, but all his performances that I've seen have been very good.

Matt Damon plays La Boeuf, Glen Campbell's role in the original film. I think I'm safe in assuming Matt is better since he is an actor first. But I need to watch the 1969 film before making any final decision.

"Time just gets away from us," is the last line of the film. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment