Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve

I was going to write a post today reviewing 2012. But I think I'll procrastinate on that. Spoiler alert: I did not meet my goals.

Jeff and I decided to stay in tonight. I hate the holiday expectations built around New Year's Eve.  For years, we would find one of the few restaurants without a special (expensive) menu and go out to eat early and return home by about nine.

This year our friend Marti is having a party. After much discussion, we decided to skip the party and celebrate at home.  We started with a saketini cocktail (with vodka--I saw a recipe with gin and Grand Marnier which sounded odd to me.) Then a sushi appetizer from our favorite Japanese restaurant, Little Tokyo.

Our main course consisted of filet mignon, roasted pepper and sauteed spinach with garlic and shallots. I was going to bake a sweet potato or make sweet potato fries but Jeff got an extra sushi roll, so we decided we didn't need the sweet potato. We finished with dessert of a Dancing Deer cake, ice cream, fresh strawberries and champagne.

I've already washed all the dinner dishes and can relax now. I'll think about goals missed in 2012 and new goals to pursue for 2013 tomorrow (in true Scarlett O'Hara fashion--hey one goal is to write a post on Gone With the Wind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment