Sunday, December 16, 2012

In the Kitchen

Today was a wet, dreary Sunday--the kind of afternoon when I enjoy cooking. But I had to tutor and teach. Instead, I cooked yesterday. I wanted to test run a new appetizer, French onion soup dumplings, that I've offered to make for Christmas Eve. I learned about his recipe from some of our dog park friends who run this blog with lots of delicious recipes linked and commentary on the recipes.

I also tried cooking cheese scalloped potatoes a new way. I usually boil the potatoes to soften them first before I cook them in the milk and cheese sauce. This time I used my salad shooter to slice the potatoes thinly and didn't boil them first. The cooking time took longer than that in the recipe, but now I'll know for next Monday.

Thanks to Christie for giving me the idea of recipe trial runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment