Monday, December 3, 2012

November Check-In

I made some specific writing goals for November. I would write a blog post per day for National Blog Posting Month and would write an additional 10,000 words.

Do you want the good news or the bad news first?

The good: I wrote 35 blog posts this month. If you check the dates of my posts, it looks like I missed November 12th. But one of my posts for the 13th, Climate Warp, was posted at 12:01 AM. I'm counting that as a post for the 12th, so I've succeeded in my posting goals.

My other writing? Well, I failed badly. I wrote 1,806 words when I had a goal of 10,000 words.

One piece was about memories of summers at the Jersey Shore, focusing on Ortley Beach. A second was fiction--about a woman returning to her home town for Thanksgiving and her cousin's wedding.

Obviously, I'm not happy with my poor showing. I took my goal too casually. Half the month was over when I started writing. But at least I wrote. I'm (a little) happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment