Saturday, November 3, 2012

NaNo/NaBlo

Two people asked me if I were going to participate in National Novel Writing Month (Nanowrimo) this year. The idea is to complete a novel of 50,000 words working only in November.

I've participated in four NaNoWriMos: I washed out early in two, made a good showing in one (40,000 words) and won one.

This year I had no interest--no inspiration. I wrestled with ideas that I can't wait for inspiration; that not entering may be a self-fulfilling prophecy--i.e. that I know I'll fail so I won't try.

Ultimately, my heart isn't in it.

I've also been thinking about how far from my annual goals I am. I decided to try National Blog Writing Month. I can't find an official site; here is information from last year. I will post every day on this blog; I can't promise all posts will be meaningful, but I will post.

I also need to focus on some other writing. I decided on a goal of 10,000 words this month. Easy, compared to NaNo's 50K.

Right?


ETA: Apparently the correct term is: NaBloPoMo

No comments:

Post a Comment