Saturday, June 4, 2011

Not Writing at the Writing Retreat

I've been here at Wisdom House wisdom house litchfield ct since Thursday night and have done virtually no writing. To be precise, I've written my usual morning pages--big deal. I've also written six stories--that may sound impressive until I tell you that these were six-word-stories.

I'm usually fairly productive at these retreats. I relish the opportunity to write without the everyday distractions of chores, errands and other obligations. I show up at appointed times for meals and the rest of my time is my own.

So what's my problem anyway?

I spent about three hours yesterday working on my ACT manual (only to find out last night that the training may be postponed until mid-July.) I've also spent time socializing and attending workshops.

I fail at finding justifiable excuses.

I still have all day today and a few hours tomorrow to make up for my current lack of production. But willing myself to write because I have to write this weekend is like willing myself to sleep when I have only a few hours until I have to get up. It just makes things harder.

So, I'll try not to pressure myself--just open a notebook or new Word doc and see where I go from there.

Hey, can I count this post as writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment