Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Quarter 1: Check-In

I've been thinking about writing this post for about a month. I've been procrastinating about writing it for two weeks.

I've written several posts over the last few months about setting goals, making plans and to-do lists, and setbacks and getting derailed. It started with the usual year-end thoughts about resolutions and goals, especially when I took stock of 2011 and realized just how disappointing it was.

I realized I had to take a fresh approach. I had to make plans and set goals-not just live day-to-day and hope it will all work out in the end.

So far my approach isn't working so well. It's easy to conjure up excuses and rationales, to feel sorry for myself. I find myself temped to just give up--to be like all the others who make New Year's resolutions and then abandon them at the first setback--at the first realization that goals are hard.

I have the tools and at least at this moment, I have the determination to get back on track. I'm going to start today with clutter--physical and mental.





No comments:

Post a Comment