Monday, September 22, 2014

Seen

Driving home from Interlaken Inn in Lakeville, CT: many No Trespassing signs including one affixed to a house and another along a chain stretched across a driveway. I wondered if hikers along the Appalachian Trail just wandered up to homes in the area and bothered the residents. Otherwise I got nothing.

Somewhere along Route 41 or Route 4, I saw a sign for Thistle Dew instead of a normal address. From what I could see, Thistle Dew was just an average ranch house. I hate when people name their houses, unless they live in historic registered homes. It seems so pretentious. I'm reminded of Upson Downs in the film Auntie Mame. But Mame's (Rosalind Russell) rejoinder was fabulous--her New York apartment became the Burnside Fireside.

Closer to home, I saw a bumper sticker, "Life is short, play with your dog." I can live with that philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment