Sunday, April 9, 2017

Reading Round-Up

This year I've read the following books.

The Boleyn King--My comments are here.

Outlander

V is for Vengence--a Kinsey Millhone mystery

Kinsey & Me--I only read about half of this book--the short stories about Kinsey. I read two of the other pieces about an alcoholic mother, but found them depressing so I gave up.

Hardball--a VI Warshawski mystery

Body Work---another VI Warshawski mystery

The Handmaid's Tale--this was a re-read; I think my third time reading this book.

Women of Wonder--The Classic Years. I bought this book in 1996; I know because I found the sales slip among the pages. (I also bought  Women of Wonder-The Contemporary Years.) I only remember one story from The Classic Years: "Of Mist, and Grass and Sand." I read that in a short story collection by Vonda N. McIntyre. The story was expanded into Dreamsnake, one of my favorite books.

W is for Wasted--a Kinsey Millhone mystery. This book got off to a slow start. Usually I enjoy reading about Kinsey's lifestyle, her neighbors and Rosie's Tavern. This time it seemed to go on a chapter too long. Once the mystery kicked in gear, I enjoyed it.

X--the latest for Kinsey. While not a true sequel to W is for Wasted, it features some of the same characters. I liked that Kinsey found the good side to a guy she had disparaged.

Currently I'm reading Breakdown featuring VI Warshawski.

I've read seven books so far this year. Maybe another half for Kinsey & Me. One re-read, and I'm not sure how to classify Women of Wonder--The Classic Years. Regardless, I'm in good shape to reach my goal of reading at least 12 books.

No comments:

Post a Comment