Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Visits and Home Again

Yesterday I took Lola for a walk from Mathews to Oyster Shell Parks to get in her exercise as Jeff packed up the car. We stopped at my mother's for a brief visit before we went to see Jeff's mother for a Christmas Eve lunch.

Next we went to Jeff's sister's for a Christmas Eve dinner. We've been going there for several years, except this time it was a new location. Melissa and Karl had sold their Ridgefield house earlier this month, and we celebrated Christmas in their short term rental in Waccabuc, New York. We stayed overnight and opened gifts in the morning. Around noon we headed to meet my mother, brother, and sister-in-law for lunch.

We got home around 4 this afternoon. We were only gone a day, but I was happy to get home again. Jeff thought Lola seemed more comfortable too. We settled down to watch Christmas in Connecticut and The Man Who Came to Dinner

I wrote earlier about being a Scrooge and/or Grinch. I scrolled through some earlier Christmas posts, and well, they're not exactly full of Christmas cheer. I seem to let stress overshadow celebration.

Christmases will be changing. Melissa and Karl will be moving probably to North Carolina. Our niece is engaged. No one is sure who will be where. Jeff and I will have to make new traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment