Sunday, September 20, 2020

The Husky Puppy

After brunch, we walked Lola around the neighborhood. We were coming up the hill by the hospital when Jeff said, I think there's a dog in there. 


I'm not sure how Jeff saw her, but I'm glad he did. We sat down and talked to her. She didn't respond except she drew back when Lola got too close. We were afraid that if we tried to grab her, she would panic and take off, possibly into the street. 

I called Animal Control, but it's closed until tomorrow. Next I called the police. In the meantime, two hospital workers stopped by. One had water and the other found a cup and poured some water for the puppy. She wasn't interested in the water, but seemed comfortable enough to sleep even with us nearby. A police officer came by about 20 minutes after I called. The husky was very docile. The officer just pulled her from the bushes to take her to Animal Control. She didn't have a collar.

We wish we could have brought her home with us for the night, but Lola wouldn't have been welcoming to her (to say the least.) I hope she finds someone to love her as much as we love Lola. 

Bonus cuteness: Lola sleeping on Jeff's lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment