Monday, April 18, 2022

A Week Without Lola

I had thought that handling Lola's death would be a little easier because we've been through it before with Spike. 

I was wrong. 

I feel like I've been sleepwalking through the week, except last Tuesday when I had three appointments. The last was to pick up Lola's cremains. It was a beautiful day and Jeff and I went to Ripka's at Calf Pasture. We had margaritas and watched the water, the sea birds, and kids on the swings and slide. 

Each day I told myself I'd go to the gym the next day, but I wasn't up for it. Instead, I exercised here a few times and took two walks.

I resented the beautiful weather last week. It was unfair that it was so cold on the last two full days of Lola's life. Last Saturday, the sun went in and the winds blew as soon as we arrived at Taylor Farm. On Sunday, we sat outside on a friends' deck. (I didn't want Lola to have any accidents inside their house.) We would have really enjoyed some warm weather. 

We're putting together things to donate to DAWS: food, infusion fluids, and her dog bed (I took it to the laundromat today.)

It will take a while to move on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment