Thursday, September 1, 2022

More Thoughts for a Thursday

I have many things I want to write about even though I am tired. I felt the same way last night and kept dozing off as I tried to finish my post. I wanted to write more about the Mets game but couldn't find the performer's name on the Mets website. Later I literally fell asleep with my fingers on the keyboard. 

Today was my first productive day of the week. I did five loads of  laundry, went to the gym, took Jace's fecal sample to the vet, and walked Jace three times. My dinner was kind of half-assed, but you can't do everything.

Jace surprised me today. First, he slept until 7:55. Then, instead of a quick walk early in the  morning, he opted to go around the block. 

I usually get up between 6:30 and 7:00. Jace has been waking up between 6 and 6:30. I've been tired all week thinking that getting up a little earlier was the problem. I said I should go to bed earlier. But I felt pretty good today. We'll see what happens.

Jace has been with us for one week. It's been fun, but he's annoying at times. (I can just hear Jeff saying, "Not Jace!") I need to research dog training; the vet had a recommendation.

The Mets beat the Dodgers today 5-3; the Mets won the season series 4-3. That's something to celebrate. 

I was disappointed with Tuesday's loss (4-3) especially because Max Scherzer missed an opportunity to get his 200th win. I cursed at Francisco Lindor for his ill-advised steal early in the game. 

Wednesday's game was awesome: deGrom's performance, a homerun robbing catch by Brandon Nimmo, and a live performance by Timmy Trumpet heralding Edwin Diaz. It was fun; it was electric. I said to Jeff, "He better not blow the save." As a Mets fan, I wasn't alone (read down.)

Tonight Chris Bassitt prevailed, the Mets won 5-3.

LGM! 

I need to write these posts earlier in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment