Monday, October 24, 2022

Rainy Days and Mondays

It's both today, so I thought of this song by the Carpenters, even if I don't agree with the theme ("nothing to do but frown".) 

Jace and I avoided rain for the most part; it was mostly just damp on our three walks. I don't mind walking in light rain. Jace seems to agree based on our rainy walks to date. We need the rain--we're still in drought conditions. I'd love if it just rained at night. 

As for Monday, I haven't done the "five day grind once more" (from Friday On My Mind by the Easybeats) for a long time. I've lost the feeling of dreading Monday. 

For four years I've been taking Monday morning writing classes through the Norwalk Library. We've gone from meeting in person to meeting via Zoom. Some of our topics were paintings, photographs, Norwalk's WPA Murals, and flash fiction. 

It can feel a little tense if I don't have a story or if I'm frantically finishing one on Monday morning, but the class is so good, it outweighs any anxiety. We look forward to Monday mornings now.

Onto to Tuesday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment