Thursday, December 7, 2023

Goodbye Jezebel, et al.

A few weeks ago, I clicked on Jezebel.com and noticed there had been no updates. I later learned that Jezebel had been shut down. I didn't read Jezebel on a daily basis, but I enjoyed its reporting of feminist issues as well as pop culture. 

I got to thinking about other websites and blogs that I used to read, such as Shakesville, Feministing, Feministe, and Pandagon. Others include: Elle, Phd, Womanist Musings, The Happy Feminist, Shapely Prose, Echidne of the Snakes. Then there were other blogs whose names I don't remember. 

I guess the golden age of blogs was about 15 years ago. On Shakesville alone, there were several contributors, and I would check it out several times a day to see what had been posted.

Some of the website/blog shutdowns were publicized; other sites disappeared without notice. I miss those blogs. Sigh. At  least, Jezebel may return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment