Saturday, November 2, 2019

An Art Fix

This week apparently was the start of artists' opening weekends: I've seen ads for at least two other groups holding open studios over the next few weeks.

This was the first: Stamford Loft Artists. Most of the studios were open and the artists served wine and appetizers. I talked with a few of the artists. One told me he doesn't use a brush when he paints. Instead he uses things like cut-up credit cards. Another had shelves of books, several about Paul Klee. I had never heard of him until a few weeks ago when he was named in a poem.

I got a kick out a sign I saw in one of the studios. I didn't take a picture of it, so I have to paraphrase it. Modern Art is something you can do, but you didn't. Obviously, the original sign was better worded.

We also met the cutest candidate for President of the United States.

Vote Canine!

No comments:

Post a Comment