Thursday, November 28, 2019

Thanks

This is the first Thanksgiving that Jeff and I spent alone (with Lola of course.) We had a stuffed turkey breast, mashed sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, and a carrot salad.

Originally I suggested that we eat around 4. After our second walk with Lola, it was already past three, and I wanted to have a cheese course. We had three cheeses, crackers, a pear paste, and some fruit. The consistency of the pear paste was too dry and hard. 

The other disappointment was the turkey. According to the instructions on the turkey's label, it should have taken about 45-50 minutes to cook. It took over twice as long. We ate around 6:30. Luckily, it was just the two of us, or I would have been stressed out. Luckily also, we had eaten the cheese.

We enjoyed a pear tart for dessert. I would have gone for the traditional pumpkin pie, but Jeff bought the tart, and it was delicious.

The important thing about Thanksgiving isn't the food. I am thankful that I have Jeff and that we have a good marriage. I'm thankful that we enjoy good health. I'm thankful for Lola. She may drive me crazy sometimes, but she brings me much joy.  

I'm thankful for friends and family members, even the ones I don't see very often.

I need to give thanks more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment