Sunday, November 17, 2019

What's Cooking?

Two weeks ago I went to lunch with my friend Elaine. Chicken Milanese was on the menu of the restaurant we visited. I didn't order it; we went with one of our standbys: pizza. But I got Chicken Milanese on my mind. In the past two weeks, I sampled three chicken cutlet sandwiches from Norwalk restaurants/delis.

Today I made Chicken Milanese using the Blue Apron recipe. It's good, but it's a pain. I need three bowls/plates to dowse the chicken in flour, mustard and water, and panko bread crumbs.

I also made Romesco Sauce. This was originally a side to steak in a Blue Apron recipe. It's easy to make and delicious as a side to the chicken (okay I forgot the pistachios, but it's still good.) To complete the dish, I made a side salad of romaine. 

A good meal 

No comments:

Post a Comment