Sunday, November 10, 2019

Thinking about Thanksgiving

This will be the first Thanksgiving when Jeff and I won't be with other family members.

We discussed our options. Dinner at a restaurant: only a few are open. I didn't want to invite people over because I didn't want the stress: I've never cooked a Thanksgiving dinner before. Jeff and I decided to stay home and cook a turkey breast: sides to be determined. I got a Stop and Shop magazine with ideas and figured I'd start from there.

Since our decision, I found that a friend Marti is thinking about hosting Thanksgiving if she can get her house in order. I laughed because that was something Jeff and I discussed: we would have major cleaning/organizing to accomplish before inviting anyone over.

I ran into a friend in our condo; she and her boyfriend are alone this year too. And they don't cook. She mentioned getting a turkey breast, instant mashed potatoes, and stove-top stuffing. She's in retail and has to go to work around 6 PM on Thanksgiving. She says it's better than going into work on Friday at 6 AM. I get it.

This year's Thanksgiving is still a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment