Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Star of the Month: Bette Davis

Bette Davis is the star of the month for November on TCM. On Tuesdays, it's Bette films for (approximately) 24 hours. The first Tuesday, I watched parts of the films when I could and recorded several that I haven't seen recently. I was psyched to see Special Agent again; it had been years.

Frankly, Special Agent isn't very good. Many of Bette's early films aren't or she had very small parts. It's still fun to watch her. I've been working my way through the recordings.

I've seen all these films before. Now I'm noticing small things in Bette's expressions and movements. I'm also noticing the supporting actors. For example, Allen Jenkins is in five films with Bette; Frank McHugh in four, and Ricardo Cortez in two.

Thanks TCM.

No comments:

Post a Comment