Friday, November 29, 2019

Holiday Season

Thanksgiving is over.

I can't argue anymore that it's too early for Christmas decorations, songs, etc. A television commercial just told me "the holidays are here."

I don't have many people to buy gifts for this year. In a way, that's a relief. In another way, it's sad.

We plan to go to North Carolina for Christmas with Jeff's family. There are many moving parts that we have to coordinate: comings and goings by family members and room assignments.

I'm interested in seeing Melissa and Karl's new home--the town as well as the house itself. They have been lobbying us to move south. And Jeff's mom is also nearby. I can see us moving south, but I don't know about North Carolina.

I read recently that it's not a good idea to move to save money in retirement because friendships and social connections are so important. That will inform any moving decision we make. Maybe we'll make a bunch of new dog park friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment