Thursday, November 7, 2019

Scheduling Calculus

I thought about calling this post Scheduling Gymnastics or Scheduling Negotiations. I went with my first idea.

I woke up at 6:30 this morning. I had a lunch date with my friend Elaine at noon, and I had already decided what to make for dinner.  I wanted to go to the gym, take Lola to a park, go food shopping, do the laundry, write a blog post, and write something else.

Did I realistically think I would get all that done? Sigh.

I fell into my slow morning trap. Around 8:30 or so, I washed up and dressed to take Lola to Taylor Farm. I figured I'd take Lola there from 9 to 10, go to the gym from 10 to 11, then get ready to meet Elaine at 12.

First, I didn't get to the park by 9 because I got stuck in traffic by the new mall (The Sono Collection.)  I realized that my "plan" didn't include travel times back home and to the gym. I would have to shorten my time with Lola at the park. Then I felt guilty about that. It was supposed to rain later in the day, and be cold the next. This morning was the best time to get a good walk in with Lola.

I gave Lola a full hour at the park and blew off the gym. I figured I could wash my hair today instead of tomorrow, finish sorting the laundry, maybe write--at least start--a blog post before I left for lunch.

Well, that didn't work out so well either. I did wash and dry my hair, but didn't have enough time to even finish sorting the laundry.

When I called Elaine to tell her I was on my way, she said she forgot we had lunch plans.

Sigh. At least she was ready when I arrived.

After lunch, I got the food shopping done, finished sorting the laundry, and did a half hour of exercise.

That will have to be enough.

I'll have to do better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment