Saturday, November 30, 2019

Christmas Trees, Weather Worries, and Other Miscellanea

As we drove back and forth to the Norwalk River Valley Trail in Wilton, I counted seven cars with Christmas trees tied up on top. I asked Jeff if we'd set up a Christmas tree this year. It's been a few years.

When we first got married, we got a live tree each year. Then one year Jeff was working two jobs, I had a busy workload, and getting a tree was just too much stress. Later I felt guilty and bought a four feet artificial tree. A few years later, I bought a second artificial tree. For a few years, we decorated both. 

Today Jeff suggested that we decorate but don't necessarily have to include a tree. That's what I was thinking--we're on the same wavelength again. 

We're getting the first snow of the season tomorrow and Monday--the two days I'm working this week. Tomorrow's snow isn't a big deal, and even if it was, I wouldn't mind re-scheduling. Tomorrow's student is taking the ACT in February. But my Monday student is taking the SAT next Saturday. It will be hard to reschedule, based on her commitments, if we have to cancel Monday.

Before we went to NRVT, Jeff and I checked out a holiday fair at the Norwalk Library. It was better than I expected. I bought a few things--mostly for myself and a few stocking stuffers. 

Even with the colder temperatures the last few days, we've had good walks with Lola. I hope this can continue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment