Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Work (Out) in Progress

I believe in making goals, plans and to-do lists. But belief is never enough or what Roseanne said.

One goal I set for myself at the beginning of the year is to exercise for at least a half hour every day. I knew all along I wouldn't meet this goal; it's clearly aspirational. I figure if I can meet it halfway--I'll be in good shape.

A big part of the exercise goal is going to the gym--three or four times a week. I take a small notebook with me to keep track of my workouts.  Looking back at my entries for this year, I didn't do as well as I remembered. July was my best month--I visited the gym 16 times. I did poorly in September--only three visits.

Year-to-date, I've been to the gym 96 times. It isn't even close to my goal, but it's a big improvement over 2012--I visited the gym only 35 times all year.

Small steps. Maybe I'll get there eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment