Saturday, November 10, 2012

"Dreams Don't Work Without Action."

If I were to choose one quotation to paste on my mirror, pc, notebook, etc., this would be the one.

I'm prone to dreaming; this would remind me that dreaming alone isn't enough.

The quotation is from the last episode of Roseanne, which ran from 1988 through 1997. Despite a weak beginning and a bad last season or two, parts of the show were brilliant, capturing a economically challenged reality rarely shown on TV.

Roseanne took a lot of flak for changing the history of the show in the last episode, particularly because she didn't just change the last season--her changes went further back into the show's story. I didn't like most of her changes either.

But the quotation and Phoebe Snow singing the final closing song worked for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment