Thursday, January 3, 2019

2018: The Bad

In my last post, I listed a few good things about 2018. Obviously there were other good times, but I focused on big picture items.

Here are the bad things big picture items. Jeff's father died in February. My mother broke her hip in July. She has been deteriorating since then.

On a personal level, I botched my annual goals. I only succeeded in one--not drinking for six weeks (roughly New Year's to Valentine's Day.)

I only made it to the gym 74 times with a goal of 150 visits. I couldn't even manage a visit on New Year's Eve--at least I would have made it halfway. The most annual visits I ever achieved was just over 100. 150 is doable--roughly three visits a week.

255 blog posts: I wrote 123, again less than half of my goal. This goal is also doable: I wrote 253 posts in 2013.

Read 20 books: Close but no cigar. I read 18. I knew it was a risk to re-read Nicholas and Alexandra. Then after I finished Book Eighteen, I took a week or so to go through several magazines that had piled up (many were courtesy of my mother's habit of double subscribing or renewing magazines.) Almost made it to 19, but finished The Devil in the White City in 2019.

Last two goals were to work 10 hours each work on job search--a pitiful goal that I didn't really even track--and to write 500 words at least two times a week--maybe I came close during my writing course.

I'll recycle these goals and try again. Maybe I can add new goals along the way. I also need to prioritize goals. Focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment