Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Book Four: The Witches

The Witches
Suspicion, Betrayal, and Hysteria in 1692 Salem
by Stacy Schiff

I enjoyed this book, even though it took me over a month to read and only has about 400 pages. I tend to read more slowly when I read history, especially in this book with a six-page cast of characters.

For six months back in 1994, Jeff lived in Salem for a work project. I spent many weekends with him there. We had also gone to Salem for a long weekend before Jeff worked there. We visited many of the witch tourist attractions such as the witch museum and witch house.

I've read about the Salem witch trials before, but this book was a revelation. I recommend it to anyone who is seriously interested in finding out what happened in 1692.

No comments:

Post a Comment