Thursday, July 20, 2023

Thursday Thoughts

I recently mentioned that I've been experimenting with the timing and frequency of Jace's walks. Today we drove down to the newish Norwalk River Valley Trail parking lot on Riverside Avenue and walked from there. We could have walked from home, but the last leg coming up Maple Street is tough. I didn't want to deal with Jace needing a rest there. 

I won't go back there anytime soon. I took a dozen ticks off Jace--some on site and some later at home. Yes, I can try to keep him out of plants along the path, but that goes against all his instincts. I'm better off selecting another route. Hmm, I haven't noticed the same tick problem on other parts of the trail. 

I feel guilty complaining about three weeks of high humidity in this crazy weather summer, when others are dealing with much worse. But it's exhausting. I'm trying to strategically cook things to avoid heating up the kitchen more; it never really cools down in the summer. 

I've been waking up in the early morning hours--it can be tough to get back to sleep until it's magically 6:30 AM (time of the alarm.) Why do I still set an alarm? Hopefully, I can sleep through the night tonight.

I often have song lyrics running through my head. Recently, it's been this song since I watched  Monterey Pop. It's a beautiful song and the harmonies are fantastic. I had forgotten how good the Mamas and the Papas were.

No comments:

Post a Comment