Monday, October 7, 2024

Back to the Gym

It's been months since I had a decent gym routine  (i.e. double digit visits each month.) I don't know what happened to April to ruin that routine .On the other hand, I know what happened in May. I hurt my finger in mid-May and then was dealing with colitis. I still had my walks with Jace (we usually walk for about two hours daily) and I did some yoga and very light weight work at home. I made it back to the gym one day in July--big deal.

I really went back on September 23. I went three times that week and another three last week. Yay me. I hit the gym today after I took my car to be serviced (and waited for it.) I was proud of myself. I was tired and it would have been easy to blow off the gym, but I went. When I got home, I took Jace for an hour-long walk. I was now fully awake and feeling good. It had been rainy when I took my car in (every time I wait for my car to be serviced, it's been a crappy day) but it was beautiful during our walk. I need to remember how good I feel when I have a good gym routine. That will help me stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment