Thursday, August 27, 2026

End of August Summer Thoughts

 Around mid-August, I start thinking about whether I did any summer things. While I was thinking about mid-August, it became late August. I keep thinking about this this song

I didn't bother to make a summer fun list this year. But I was thinking of my past lists last week when I ordered a lobster roll (the Connecticut version with hot butter.) Lobster rolls are relatively rare on Maryland menus. I should also make a mojito salad--that also means summer to me. 

Yesterday I went swimming in our condo pool for the first time. What the hell was I waiting for? It felt great to get back in the water even if it was only for a short time. I was inspired by a neighbor who told me the pool  will close on Labor Day. I need to get more swimming in. 

Jeff and I have plans for a getaway for our anniversary. We're going to Ocean City, Maryland for the first time. We have a room with an ocean view and balcony. It will be a nice way to close out the summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment