Saturday, November 17, 2018

Movie Afternoon/Evening

Earlier today I recorded a 1932 film 20,000 Years in Sing Sing. It was the only pairing of Bette Davis and Spencer Tracy.

After a tutoring appointment, errands and lunch, I thought I'd rewatch the film. Instead I surfed through channels and caught the end of Burlesque. We originally watched it to see Kristen Bell, who isn't in it much at the end. I actually forgot the happy ending.

Next up was Passengers. I heard that it sucked, but decided to check it out. It didn't suck, but I wouldn't exactly recommend it either. It was an interesting idea, anyway.

Then I watched The Post. I really enjoyed this. It managed to be suspenseful even though I knew the end result. In that way it was similar to All the President's Men. I loved the focus on Kay Graham: it was her decision but how new it was to her, how much she had to lose. Kay isn't even a credited character in All the President's Men.

Hope to see more films from a woman's perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment