Friday, November 30, 2018

Spirits Class: Single Malts

Jeff and I have been to Beer School, but this is the first time we went to Spirits Class.

About a month ago, I visited Total Wine and saw signs for a class on Single Malt Scotches that we missed. Jeff went online and found another was scheduled tonight.

As usual, I'm gung-ho when I sign up for something; when the date comes up I'm sometimes not so excited. But I was glad to go tonight.

Singular Sensations: Getting to Know Single Malt Scotch was a two-hour session: part tasting and part education. We learned the definition of scotch and how scotches vary by different regions. We tasted nine whiskies: including single malts from Texas and France (can't call them scotches by definition.)

Afterwards we picked up chicken pad thai to go and made it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment