Saturday, November 3, 2018

Road Trip

Today I proctored an ACT practice test in Guilford. I usually don't go that far to proctor (around 50 miles) but I haven't been working many hours, I was free, and I was hoping for a nice autumn afternoon. I thought of going to the beach or walking the labyrinth at Mercy Center.

Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate. Rain had stopped by late morning, but winds picked up. I had to consciously grip the steering wheel on the drive home.

The 50ish miles to Guilford is the farthest I've driven the car in the 22 days I 've owned it. That could be the farthest anyone drove it. This 2010 Jetta had only 12,150 miles in eight years.

I am loving the car, though still learning about it. On Thursday, when temperatures were in the 70's, I accidentally turned on the seat warmer I didn't know I had. Just haven't gotten around to reading the owner's manual.
***

Jeff and I saw our super this afternoon. He is driving a 2002 car that a former tenant owned. When he got the car, it had only about 20,000 miles.

Thanks to all the little old ladies who don't drive much.

No comments:

Post a Comment