Sunday, May 5, 2024

Cinco de Mayo, Lola, Rabbits, and Traffic

Today is Cinco de Mayo, but it feels more like Cinco de Marzo. It's cold with a high of 52 degrees, overcast or rainy. I had to break out my gloves again. We'll celebrate Cinco de Mayo indoors. I made sure to use our Cinco de Mayo beagle towel today. 

May 5 is also Lola's designated birthday. We selected it because it was Spike's half-way day (explanation here.) We've had a lot of Lola's days recently. We still miss her. 

On Thursday, Jace and I saw our first rabbit of the season on our morning walk. Yesterday, we saw our second. This rabbit didn't react to Jace, just sat there. I urged it run away and it did. Eventually. 

There was a horrible three-vehicle fiery accident on Thursday that took out all the lanes of I-95; all vehicles had to leave the highway and most ended up on Route 1. That was also the day I finally returned to the gym on Route 1. Needless to say, the traffic was horrendous. Luckily, the highway has been reopened. Unfortunately, the fire seriously damaged the Fairfield Avenue Bridge, and it was demolished over the weekend. It will take about a year to rebuild, so we'll continue to have traffic issues. Walking with Jace on Saturday, I was surprised at how much traffic I saw on side, side roads. It shouldn't be as bad as it was on Saturday, but we'll have to deal with detours and additional traffic for awhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment