Sunday, November 18, 2012

Christmas Shopping

There was a time when I enjoyed Christmas shopping. I loved finding special presents for everyone. There is still a part of me that loves finding good gifts for people.

On the other hand, Christmas shopping can be stressful. I remember bursting into tears (yes, it's a cliche but it expresses my feelings well) on Christmas Eve trying to get last minute presents after a sleep deprived college exam week. Today, I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond for toiletries and perhaps some small gifts and the parking lot was packed. Could this be the beginning of the holiday traffic jams?

Tonight I did Christmas shopping online, working out of catalogs and emails that I've received. While it's much easier than fighting the crowds at the mall, I don't get the tactile pleasure of handling the merchandise. I almost bought something today, but questionable reviews made me pause. But overall, shopping online beats the lines and hassles of brick-and-mortar shopping.


No comments:

Post a Comment