Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Worries

I used to laugh when my mother lay awake at night worrying about things, especially things only tangentially related to her, such as the death of a member of the The Flying Wallendas.

I'm not laughing anymore. I now have the same bouts of sleeplessness. Last night, technically this morning, I woke up around 5:30 thinking about cleaning I didn't do. Last week I woke up one thinking I forgot to input my hours for work. Sometimes I worry about not saving enough for retirement. Sometimes I worry about random things--why didn't I tell Donna why I was mad at her; why didn't I go out with Don?

It may not help in the dead of night, but I feel better when I wallow in my worries by listening to this.  And this one is the most upbeat worry kind of song. I feel better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment