Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shopping: Brick and Mortar Edition

I've been to a mall every day for the past three days. This is weird because I don't think I've been to any mall in 2012 before this week. I used to enjoy shopping at malls but now, not so much.

This week was a combination of having convenient, non-busy times to hit a  few malls, and Christmas shopping season. Although I've completed most of my Christmas shopping online, I did find a few things in stores. Probably these things were available online but I didn't know exactly what I wanted and so couldn't search for them. There's something for seeing things in their tangible form.

Earlier tonight I asked Jeff if we used to go to the mall often. We were both unsure of how often, but we definitely went more often than we do now. I remember we used to split up to shop at the local mall and meet in a restaurant on the 7th floor. The malls used to have nice restaurants; now they usually just have food courts.

But it wasn't just the restaurants. I also think the malls used to be more unique; now they all seem to have the same stores (unless it's a store that I like--such as The Body Shop.) It's more fun to shop at crafts and art shows--you see different things.

I don't think I'll go to the mall again for another year, unless I need a specific item that I can't find elsewhere. I definitely won't return as the crowds grow this holiday season.






No comments:

Post a Comment